Start a Chapter of Pi Gamma Mu
Is your institution a senior college/university (i.e., at least a four-year, baccalaureate-awarding institution)?
Is your institution accredited by the applicable regional-accreditation agency?
Does your institution offer courses in the social sciences in terms of bachelor’s- and/or graduate-degree programs and have a qualified faculty in the social sciences?
Does your institution have doctoral-level social-science faculty members teaching in most of the institution’s social-science areas?
Do you have someone willing to serve as a faculty sponsor?
Do you expect to have at least 15 charter members?
If you answered "YES" to each of these question, complete the application form below and mail to Sue Watters
along with a copy of your school catalog. Upon review, if applications meet the above criteria then a
site visit is completed.
Charter Application : MS Word Adobe
Why Does My School Need a Pi Gamma Mu Chapter?
- One large honor society can be easier to administer than many smaller groups.
- Multidisciplinary approach allows different majors to socialize and learn from each other.
- Students have an opportunity to publish in a national journal.
- Triennial conventions allow students the opportunity to attend an international conference.
- Students establish bonds with other students from colleges all over the United States.
We invite you to refer to one of these special Web pages addressed specifically to professors and students, respectively: